The Correlation Between Work Motivation and Work Discipline on Teacher Performance

Authors

  • Syafe'i Syafe'i Universitas PGRI Palembang
  • Alhadi Yan Putra Universitas PGRI Palembang
  • Nur Ahyani Universitas PGRI Palembang

DOI:

https://doi.org/10.51276/edu.v2i2.141

Keywords:

Work Discipline, Work Motivation , Teacher Performance

Abstract

This study aims to determine the correlation between work motivation and work discipline on teacher performance. The formulation of the problems in this study: (1) is there a correlation between work motivation and teacher performance?, (2) is there a correlation between work discipline and teacher performance?, (3) is there a correlation between work motivation and work discipline on teacher performance. This type of research is descriptive quantitative. The sample in this study amounted to 74 students. Data collection techniques in the form of tests and documentation. The instrument used was a test sheet. The theories used are teaching and learning strategy theory and learning evaluation theory. The results of this study. Based on the respondents' perceptions of work motivation, a score range of 116-150 was obtained, with a total score of 20409 and an average score of 130.79 which in this case was categorized as quite good. Respondents' perceptions about the effect of work discipline on teacher performance obtained a score range of 107 - 151, with a total score of 20191.00 and an average score of 134.43 which is in the good category. The degree of influence of the work motivation variable (X1) and the work discipline variable (X2) on teacher performance (Y) was 0.73 or 73%. This shows that the teacher's performance (Y) is jointly (simultaneously) influenced by the work motivation variable (X1) and the work discipline variable (X2) by 73% while the remaining 27% is influenced by other factors outside the equation model.

Downloads

Download data is not yet available.

References

Almasri, M.N. (2016). Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia: Imlementasi Dalam Pendidikan Islam. Kutubkhanah: Jurnal Penelitian Sosial Kegamaan, 19 (2), pp. 133-151. http://ejournal.uin-suska.ac.id/index.php/Kutubkhanah/article/view/2547

Budiman, H. (2017). Peran Teknologi Dan Komunikasi Dalam Pendidikan. Al-Tadzkiyyah: Jurnal Pendidikan Islam, 8 (1), pp. 31-43. http://103.88.229.8/index.php/tadzkiyyah/article/view/2095

Ideswal, I., Yahya, Y., & Alkadri, H. (2020). Kontribusi Iklim Sekolah dan Kepemimpinan Kepala Sekolah Terhadap Kinerja Guru Sekolah Dasar. Jurnal Basicedu, 4 (2), pp. 460-466. https://doi.org/10.31004/basicedu.v4i2.381

Juniarti, E., Ahyani, N., & Ardiansyah, A. (2020). Pengaruh Kepemimpinan Kepala Sekolah dan Disiplin Guru Terhadap Kinerja Guru. Journal of Education Research. 1 (3), pp. 193-199. https://doi.org/10.37985/joe.v1i3.21

Kemal, I., & Rahmatullah. (2015). Analisis SWOT Sekolah Tinggi Keguruan dan Ilmu Pendidikan STKIP Bina Bangsa Getsempena Banda Aceh. Jurnal Visipena, 6 (1), pp. 122-132. https://doi.org/10.46244/visipena.v6i1.361

Kemal, I., Suryadi., & Rosyidi, U. (2019). Management of Lecturers Resource Development at Higher Education. International Journal of Higher Education, 8 (5), 246-256. https://doi.org/10.5430/ijhe.v8n5p246

Kurniah, A., Patawari, P., & Nongkeng, H. (2019). Pengaruh Gaya Kepemimpinan Kepala Sekolah dan Lingkungan Kerja Sekolah Terhadap Motivasi Kerja Guru MA Ihya’Ulumiddin Kampung Beru Kabupaten Bantaeng. Economy Deposit Journal, 1 (1), pp. 41-48. https://uit.e-journal.id/EDJ/article/view/200

Maujud, F. (2018). Implementasi Fungsi-Fungsi Manajemen Dalam Lembaga Pendidikan Islam (Studi Kasus Pengelolaan Madrasah Ibtidaiyah Islahul Muta’alim Pagutan). Jurnal Penelitian KeIslaman, 14 (1), pp. 30-50. https://doi.org/10.20414/jpk.v14i1.490

Nasution, H., & Aliffioni, A. (2018). Analisis Efektivitas Penagihan Pajak Dengan Surat Paksa Dan Penyitaan Untuk Meningkatkan Penerimaan Pajak Pada Kantor Pelayanan Pajak Pratama Bekasi Utara. Jurnal Ilmiah Wahana Akuntansi, 13 (2), pp. 129-142. https://doi.org/10.21009/wahana.13.023

Permanasari, R. (2013). Pengaruh Motivasi Dan Lingkungan Kerja Terhadap Kinerja PT. Augrah Raharjo Semarang. Management Analysis Journal, 2 (2), pp. 1-9. 10.15294/MAJ.V2I2.2493

Downloads

Published

2021-03-26

How to Cite

Syafe’i, S., Yan Putra, A., & Ahyani, N. . (2021). The Correlation Between Work Motivation and Work Discipline on Teacher Performance. Edunesia : Jurnal Ilmiah Pendidikan, 2(2), 424–443. https://doi.org/10.51276/edu.v2i2.141